Sweetwater Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J)

2 posters

Go down

News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J) Empty News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J)

Post  CerealKiller Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test

http://reporternews.com/news/2008/sep/24/sweetwater-big-spring-to-give-each-other-a-test/

By Evan Ren
Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Four to five weeks into every season, there are still teams that haven't demonstrated how good -- or how bad -- they might be, simply because they haven't played a definitive cross-section of opponents yet.

This is generally the time of year when those questions are answered.

Is Team A really as good as it appears? Is Team B really stinking it up, or has it just run into a brutal schedule?

Enter Big Spring (3-1) and Sweetwater (3-1) a pair of teams that fall into the Team A category. They meet in Friday's Big Country Game of the Week at Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl.

Big Spring, which has surprised much of the Big Country with a 3-1 start, opened with a quality win at Snyder (20-14) and gave unbeaten Denison all it wanted in a 44-37 loss a week later.

Can the Steers be pushed around by a physical team with a solid running game?

Sweetwater (3-1), which rolled up 358 yards rushing in a 24-6 win over a very good 2A Clyde team last week, should provide the answer.

The Mustangs, on the other hand, have allowed just 52 total points through four games. But they have yet to face a club with the type of speed Big Spring presents.

Do the Mustangs have enough defensive quickness to compete against teams with speed at multiple skill positions?

The Steers, who have no less than five players who can run 4.6 or better in the 40, will provide the answer.

My guess is, you'll see a bit of everything -- Sweetwater controlling clock, Big Spring making big plays, and turnovers deciding the outcome.

A difficult call, but I'll go with the 4A team here.

Pick: Big Spring by 3

Come on lets prove them wrong. They seem to be forgetting WHOSE HOUSE they're coming into.

WHOSE HOUSE...

OUR HOUSE!!!!

Last edited by CerealKiller on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CerealKiller
CerealKiller
Admin

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J) Empty Re: News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J)

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:06 pm

Abilene Reporter picked this as a game of the week?

But there are no Abilene teams in it. Come on guys I know you're tired of being shown on Football Friday Night and the other news shows doing nothing but bad. As good as you played against Clyde last week, all I saw were Clyde highlights on there. Don't give Big Spring anything make them work for it and I promise you guys will come up with a W, and all FFN will have are Big Red clips. I will see you all Tomorrow at 6:00 ish.

and for those seniors who haven't made an intro vid yet that want one I need your names keep this in mind, and come see me or message me
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-09-21

https://sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J) Empty Re: News: Sweetwater, Big Spring to give each other a test. (Link has video with Coach J)

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:34 pm

CerealKiller wrote:
Do the Mustangs have enough defensive quickness to compete against teams with speed at multiple skill positions?

Oh I know they aren't questioning our Defense! Big Mistake
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-09-21

https://sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum