Sweetwater Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on the Burkburnett game

4 posters

Go down

Thoughts on the Burkburnett game Empty Thoughts on the Burkburnett game

Post  Clintj44 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:54 am

Guys, I know it was a tough loss for us but I felt like we looked better than we did last year against Burk. We gave them the ball 7 times and still only allowed two touchdowns. Our defense is leagues ahead of where I thought we'd be, and the offense only had two punts (one of which because of a bad snap which left us on our one). Despite learning a completely new offense, we were still able to run and throw all over them. We have to protect the ball better against seminole. We played our [butts] off the entire game. We never gave up. We will only get better from here. We MUST practice harder this week and give us good looks on scout team. Coach was absolutely heartbroken after the game and blamed it all on himself (something Jackson NEVER displayed last season). Lets put this game behind us and get ready to kick some seminole [rear]!

Also Snyder got completely raped by Big Spring last night.

Let's keep it clean guys too much foul language and the forumotion will delete this place - Kevin

Clintj44

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Burkburnett game Empty Re: Thoughts on the Burkburnett game

Post  Kevin Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:56 am

Very good points Clint. and I completely agree. Burkburnett is a good. solid team with alot of kids to choose from.
I looked over some of the film I took, and aside from the turnovers and some missed opportunities (That TD called back was a big one!) you guys were winners. Protect that ball, I don't care who you are playing, be it Burkburnett or a middle school girls powderpuff flag football team, you give them the ball that many times you are bound to come up short.

Remember last year the game against Burk was about the same and remember how good of a season that turned out to be. So, keep your heads up. I am proud of you, and I know you have it in you.

Work hard this week. do NOT look past Seminole

about Coach Slaughter blaming himself.There is noone to blame. blaming isn't what a team does. Lift each other up, and work to get better.

If I had one motto or words of "wisdom" to pass on to you guys I would say "No Regrets!" Don't slack off or take it easy in practice and then wonder why a game didn't go the way you planned it. because believe me, you will regret working out at less than 100% if the season doesn't go how you wanted. and it only gets worse with time believe me. So, when you're at practice and someone on the scout team isn't working hard, fill in for them and show them how to work.

Good night guys, and good luck next week
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-09-21

https://sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeLaw10 Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Both of ya'll are right. Our offense isn't up to our standards. To much confusion during the heat of the game and that goes on my part. The defense speaks volumes for keeping us in the game for as long as they did and I can't express my appreciation for them. I'm disappointed in the offensive performance because that's not what we are about and the turnovers was all in our heads. It's something we can change easily. It starts in practice boys and I will make sure we will be ready for Seminole.

JakeLaw10

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tcrain6 Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:23 am

good point all three of yall...this week will be different..our defense is bound to stop anyone we want..but football is about offense and defense just like any other sport..so this week everyone work hard and lets go 1-1 after this game and from there we will see guys so lets do this. Tackle

tcrain6

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Wanted to let you guys all know I can't make the Seminole game. Teira is having surgery thursday so I will be in dallas. if all goes well I will make it to homecoming.

so what I need you guys to do is if your parents go please have them get some pictures or video for the site. I would really appreciate that.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeLaw10 Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:13 pm

I know Teira will be fine. The Mustangs will be praying for both of you getting over this.
We'll play hard don't worry about us

JakeLaw10

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 pm

If anyone gets any pictures good or bad PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST THEM HERE!!! That is all.

and thanks Jake keep the prayers coming.

good luck this week. we are heading to dallas in the morning so I probably won't even know how it went til we get back
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tcrain6 Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 pm

hope everything goes good

tcrain6

Number of posts : 33