Sweetwater Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My situation (VERY IMPORTANT)

4 posters

Go down

My situation (VERY IMPORTANT) Empty My situation (VERY IMPORTANT)

Post  Kevin Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Mustang, players, coaches, fans, parents, friends whatever...

Some of you may know what is going on in my life. more than anything I want to be at the games and I want to be apart of it all. if I miss a game I get all snippy and without pictures or video I am just downright rude, so since noone's posting here pictures or anything I am pretty sure this season isn't going to be fun for me.

My girlfriend Teira (25 years old as of May) with whom I have been unseparable since we met back in november of 2000 was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 1st of this year. As of about 2 hours ago she is scheduled for an appointment on friday in Dallas for a consultation with a surgeon because her chemo isn't working and they want to rush surgery. She said it was cool if I stayed behind because since I started this whole mustang football thing she was by my side from day 1. I'd go to games usually with some family or friends and she'd tag along to be with me. so when she got scheduled for her appointment I didn't hesitate to tell her I would go to the appointment and skip the game. to which she replied "let's see if I can get someone else to go with me so you don't miss it." (This coming from the girl that sat through a game that never let up raining at clyde several years ago. plus the icy cold hell we sat through at frenship 2 years ago the day after thanksgiving, the same girl that knows very little about the game itself, but completely understands how I feel. All just so she could support me. ) So please forgive me if I miss a game. or two or more.
You all know how I feel about mustang football. This site was started only because the previous site banned me because the guy that started it was mad that it wasn't all about him instead of all about the team. Now that I made it about the team, I have to step aside and make it about Her before anyone. please understand

Prayers are appreciated. also if you would like to donate to help her out. contact me or if you are in sweetwater, my old friend let us put a can in Skeets Texas Grill out on southeast georgia street. you can't miss the can, it's a big pink coffee can with the most beautiful girl ever on the front.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-09-21

https://sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

My situation (VERY IMPORTANT) Empty Re: My situation (VERY IMPORTANT)

Post  JakeLaw10 Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:00 pm

I understand completely. I don't want you at the games if someone this close to you has such a serious condition like your girlfriend. I will pray for both of you and she will recover. Your presence will be missed but we will work hard none the less.

-Jake

JakeLaw10

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 pm

I appreciate that Jake. I will make it to what I can. she has already told me she wants to go to some of the games if she can. and right now the plan is for me to go friday so I will see you guys. friday
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JakeLaw10 Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Awesome. Ya'll will be in for a great game

Let's Take it to 'em!

JakeLaw10

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  syoung75 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 pm

The work will be the same wether you're there or not. You do what you know is right. Worry about getting teira healthy. We appreciate the great things you do for our program. You both will be in my prayers.
-spencer
syoung75
syoung75

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

I appreciate that, thank you
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clintj44 Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Don't worry Kevin. This game is meaningless compared to the next 15 we will be playing afterwards. Stay positive, we'll all be praying for her.

Clintj44

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 am

Don't think I have updated anyone about how things are going. in case you are curious

she had her surgery on thursday september 3rd. she was out of the hospital the following monday.

we got the pathology report and the right side breast and underarm was all clear no signs of any abnormalities. the left side the lump in the breast itself was 5.5 cm "pretty big" the dr said. but the good news on it is the margins were all "Widely clear" the left side's lymph nodes in the underarm before surgery we were told there were at least one but probably up to 3 that were involved. the pathology report said that the chemo had shown signs of working there, and out of 14 nodes removed only one had signs of cancer while 2 showed signs of abnormality but the chemo had done it's job.

cross your fingers, say a prayer and work hard for us tomorrow and next week. Graham is a team I REALLY WANT TO BEAT. Let's do this.

again thank you all for your prayers, help and understanding. you all helped us through some of the rough part. God willing, she will be around too help for many many years to come. and when I finally get the funding to do it. she will play a major part in my "mustang-mentary" < that's documentary with muctangs in it.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:53 am

My situation (VERY IMPORTANT) 20100221-201047-pic-929470209_t607
Teira Hogue evaluates how a red wig looks on her during a beauty event for cancer patients Feb. 8. Two area salons collaborated with Cancer Services Network to hold the seminar in Abilene.

Program helps cancer patients overcome beauty barriers
* Rebel Taylor Special to the Reporter-News
* Posted February 21, 2010 at 9:40 p.m.

For Teira Hogue the sunny day in June 2009 started out like most days — normal and ordinary.

But in the few minutes it took her to perform a breast self-examination, her life suddenly became anything but ordinary when she discovered a lump.

Within two weeks she had her diagnosis — invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) — one of the most common types of breast cancer.

According to the American Cancer Society, IDC is usually found in older women. However, this time the disease struck outside the normal to attack Hogue, just 25 years old.

But she was ready to fight back and began a long term treatment plan that included chemotherapy and a double mastectomy.

At that time she said her biggest concern was how treatments would affect her body.

“When I was 9 I had a liver transplant, so I was mostly worried about how my body would hold up to the treatments,” she said.

Many cancer patients would say the same. They were better prepared for the physical side effects of cancer: fatigue, nausea, depression, infection and weight changes to name a few.

But many, like Hogue, are often less prepared for the emotional and psychological changes that can result from treatment.

“I had thought about chemotherapy and mastectomy and what would happen to my body,” Hogue said. “But I really didn’t understand how I would feel after losing my breasts and my hair. It really affects how you feel as a woman and how you look at yourself.”

Experts recognize the significance of the emotional and psychological side effects of chemotherapy, radiation and mastectomies and the role in a woman’s overall well-being throughout treatment and recovery.

This was something Angela Childress, owner of Absolute Perfection Day Spa, witnessed first-hand when a family member was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago.

“It was difficult to watch my father and my mother-in-law as they battled cancer,” Childress said. “It was hard on both of them, not only physically but emotionally as well.”

As a result, Angela collaborated with Nancy Estes, Cancer Services Network’s executive director, and Jennifer Dawn, owner of Jennifer Dawn’s Salon, to offer an educational, interactive program “Breaking Down Beauty Barriers for Cancer Patients” earlier this month.

The event was open to women undergoing cancer treatment and was designed to educate, encourage and improve their quality of life as they undergo treatment.

“As patients go through treatment, their hair, skin and bodies go through tremendous changes.”

However, Childress said, “There are simple things that can be done to help boost women’s self-esteem and make them feel better about themselves as they fight the cancer.”

The program consisted of five sessions that addressed skin care, nutrition, massage, manicures, pedicures and hair issues. The sessions were led by Childress, a licensed clinical aesthetician, Dawn and several of their employees and volunteers, including stylists, massage therapists and aestheticians.

The skin session focused on skin care issues common to cancer patients and what products they should, or should not be using while in treatment as well as simple but effective makeup tips — like the use of false eyelashes — that can give an immediate boost of self-confidence.

In addition to educational topics, there were scarves, hats and wigs given away along with stylists offering creative styling tips. This was an unexpected surprise to Hogue, who came in appearing a little self-conscious wearing a pink wig but left feeling pretty and trendy in a professionally styled wig made with real hair.

“I love my wig — it actually fits right and feels really good,” Hogue said. “I feel so much better — more like my old self for the first time in a long time.”

She also said it was encouraging to meet and talk with women who understand what she is going through.

CSN — a local nonprofit organization that relies on donations — offers financial and emotional support for approximately 200 cancer patients a month in 19 counties of West Central Texas in a variety of ways.

The organization offers support groups, help with bills, medication, transportation and education, as well as emotional support. It also hosts four topical sessions a year focusing on specific issues patients face, but this was the first program designed for women.

“I believe knowledge is power,” Childress said. “And we want to educate women with the most current information available and equip them with knowledge and ideas they can use to be survivors.”
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Teira had some new tests done on August 6th 2010 that showed she has stomach ulcers. and yesterday she found out she is allergic to the ulcer meds they put her on.

it is always something new medically with this woman. they changed her meds so we will see what happens.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:00 pm

So today she got a letter in the mail saying a medicine she had already been taking is likely the cause of her breast cancer.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum