Sweetwater Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 NEWS!

2 posters

Go down

2008 NEWS! Empty 2008 NEWS!

Post  CerealKiller Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:48 am

Sweetwater, Brownwood: Game not all about records

By Evan Ren
Thursday, October 30, 2008

LAST WEEK: 41-5, .891

OVERALL: 324-77, .807

On paper, it's all Mustangs.

Sweetwater (7-1, 3-0 District 2-3A) has won seven straight. Brownwood (3-5, 1-2) has dropped five of its last seven games, including a shocking 59-41 loss to Graham (2-6) last week.

But there are reasons to believe that Friday's matchup at Gordon Wood Stadium will offer something intriguing -- intriguing enough to be the Big Country Game of the Week.

To begin with, Brownwood needs a win here, and badly, to put itself in a solid position to reach postseason play.

Secondly, Sweetwater, which has reeled off seven straight wins since a season-opening loss to Burkburnett, is having trouble taking care of the football. The Mustangs have been putting the ball on the ground with regularity, and in a matchup against Brownwood and standout quarterback Casey Pachall, that could prove deadly.

Third, the Mustangs haven't played well in Brownwood of late, losing 55-7 there a year ago, largely due to the turnover problem.

I don't like this matchup for Sweetwater, which lacks the sort of offense needed to play catch-up if Brownwood gets a solid early advantage. The Mustangs want a limited-possession, physical game; Brownwood wants a shootout. But the Lions have enough offense to win in either scenario.

I like the Lions at home.

Pick: Brownwood by 3

http://reporternews.com/news/2008/oct/30/sweetwater-brownwood-game-not-all-about-records/?partner=RSS
CerealKiller
CerealKiller
Admin

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

2008 NEWS! Empty Re: 2008 NEWS!

Post  Kevin Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:55 am

Casey Pachal. A name that haunted me for a year. PLEASE win this one guys. I don't want to hear that name all night again.
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-09-21

https://sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down