Sweetwater Mustangs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

monahans

3 posters

Go down

monahans Empty monahans

Post  the fix Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm

what kind of game do you expect against the Loboes? they beat Snyder last week.

the fix

Back to top Go down

monahans Empty Re: monahans

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Good question.

I never liked playing monahans. They used to get grabby at the bottom of the pile. if you know what I mean, and I think you players do.

Beating snyder in the first week isn't a huge thing. Snyder has a tendency to start slow, but that doesn't take away from the win. anyone who wins by a point puts up a good fight. I'm just curious how it went down. have you guys watched the film from the game yet?

Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-09-21

https://sweetwaterstangs.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the fix Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:22 pm

im not a player. i was at the game and the Loboes just ran the ball and the clock. 22-0 in the first quarter.The Loboes do what they always do, ball control and play sound defense. The Loboes are well coached. They lost a ton of stud players from last years undefeated regular season. so a win with mostly soph/juniors is really good. snyder is loaded with talent and they will be very good. if they do not go three rounds deep, its all coaching fault. Kennon ward is a stud. I think this should be a very interesting game between the two schools. Sweetwater has already matched last years record, and i bet they get a few, if not a bunch more wins. Should be fun.
by the way, you guys have a rough district. can only make you better.

the fix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:30 pm

I agree. it should be an interesting game. I am looking forward to it. I would like to hear more from the players here, but I can't get them to post. don't ask me why, I've tried everything short just this side of begging
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bootylicious71 Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah we watched film, monahans got the first few scores off of penalties
and poor tackling. but the biggest reason i think snyder caught back up so quick
is because of momentum with returning a kick return

but some good news for us would be that if snyder can run up so many
points to catch up then that doesnt say too must for monahans defense
so we need to work off that. either they are not too conditioned or not that
well. they only have about 3 great players that we have to watch out for on
defense and their quarterback is a starter on both sides and a good runner

all in all it will be a good game, but if we can make less mistakes we will be comming
back home with another "W" we all want it and i believe we will all get it
just need to keep MUSTANG NATION in our hearts and minds.

We Can Do It!!! Twisted Evil
bootylicious71
bootylicious71

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Also, don't forget it was the first week. sometimes teams just aren't ready. hopefully we got out of the gate quicker than everyone else will
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the fix Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 pm

oooh they are conditoned.. chase Keenon around for a while, see what happends to ya'll. that team is defenitly loaded! momentum is a huge thing in all sports. that second half runback was huge for snyder. but monahans held on and got the W.
Glad to see the confidence back in Sweetwater. 1-9 is never fun!

the fix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:05 pm

OOOHHHH A little smack talk. this is what I have been looking for. All i ask is keep it friendly. Everyone is welcome here, actually I would like to have other teams posting updates here as well.

as far as it all goes conditioning is what is it. for me it's going to come down to who wants it more. who works harder and who refuses to give up. monahans already showed they have the last quality. Sweetwater held on when vernon got some breaks last week. teams who don't want it would have lost that game. talent aside any game is any teams night. I don't think this will be any different
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  the fix Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 am

no smack, just fact! Sweetwater has a brutal schedule. Wylie,christian,big springs, brownwood.. dang if they go .500 on the year, i would consider that a success. this year, hell last year, Monahans would stuggle with that schedule.. thats rough!

the fix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:16 am

true.
I was pretty surprised the Abilene Reporter picked their Precious Wylie to place in the district.. but then again. Brownwood is Gonna be a challenge.
But as a sweetwater fan who saw a team two years ago who was picked to come in above just a last place breckenridge in a pretty brutal district who came down to the last game of district between wylie and sweetwater to determind an outright champion. I am not counting my boys in red out. big things happen when your back's against the wall, and we got nowhere to go but up. that makes us dangerous
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

monahans Empty First Post

Post  STANG RE Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Well I finally made it on here. Hope the stangs do well tonight. Win or lose, I just hope they compete well, so they can gain some more confidence.

STANG RE

Back to top Go down

monahans Empty o well

Post  the fix Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:11 am

looks like another long year for the Stangs. i was hoping for a better game out of them. Monahans handled them easy. 35-7. They scored on the twos, in the fourth quarter on a 16 play drive, added by two penalties by the Loboes giving them 20 extra yards. good luck the rest of the year.

the fix

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  joob Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 am

monahans has a cupcake schedule play teams like wylie and brownwood during the preseason and we will see how good they are!

joob

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:54 am

Yeah not a pretty game tonight.
as usual with Monahans I have one major complaint. Why do so many monahans fans sit on our side of the field. I have nothing but respect for the people of monahans, but there was one jerk and his crew of followers who deserve to be dragged out into the parking lot and have the crap kicked out of them. In the 4th quarter with something like 9 minutes left and Monahans was up by at least 28 points and the ref made a no call on a facemask that quite frankly I didn't see and it was supposedly literally like 5 feet in front of me on the sideline, and this reject of a human being starts yelling at the top of his lungs "BULLS....!!!!" I stopped what I was doing on the sideline turned to walk to the guy and saw a mustang player's dad tell the guy to shut his mouth in front of the kids in the stands. long story short the mustang fan held his ground against this group of trash and they ended up leaving (Each one of them saying something trashy on the way out), but this happens every time we play there because so many people sit on our side. not badmouthing the town or the players I was impressed with the way the kids handled themselves on the field and I enjoyed a day of browsing the local businesses in the town, but there was no need for that at all.

Anyways end of rant. Congrats on the win to the loboes, fans and players who come to this site, I had fun and I hope you did to. please feel free to join the site and come back and update us all on how your season is going. Good luck to you
[/size]
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

monahans Empty the fix

Post  the fix Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:59 am

i hear ya.. you get your fair share of jerk fans anywhere you go.. ya ever been to a Texas-OU game. OU fans are the worst in the world... the worst.. Sorry about the foul language. I hate that too.
I think when your coach gets his system in place and sticks to it, you guys will be ok. When a team gets down, they think they need to change their gameplan, stick to it, and make it work. As you could see, thats what Monahans does, week in week out. run, run, run,run,run,run occasinal pass.. oooo your not gonna cover someone, lets keep going to him untill they do. 21-points later.. game over. I think sweetwater might have a winning record over monahans over the years, and have pounded them on more then one occation. the ups and downs of highschool football. gotta love it.. good luck this season.. ooo and to the person who says, play teams like brownwood and wylie and see how your season goes, the Loboes scrimmage the toughest teams around every year to get ready for the season. we know how tough those teams are. good luck with them. ill check back in a few games and see how ya'll are doing. The Loboes play Christian this week, should be a tough game, they always are good and have a huge team. no cupcake there!

Last edited by the fix on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

the fix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Yeah The difference is ou -texas is a different level. This one fan hit a nerve, and personally I say if I was making the schedule I wouldn't put monahans on it unless they promised to keep their fans out of our side of the field from now on at their home games.
Yeah I had to look up the overall record. Sweetwater leads the series (18-11-0) That may not include last night's game, but that is the most updated I can find. so I don't feel as bad now haha. just kidding
Also, I don't get the "cupcake" comment exactly. We play some of the same teams you play, it's not like we're all in the same district. we have no control over that. well all of us but wylie lol
anyways. it has been great having you. thanks for visiting please do check back with updates on your season and comments on ours. we will have videos win or lose, and we will more than likely have haters saying comments on my youtube page like "Why didn't you show monahans' big plays" to which I will have to reply because it's not their highlight film ya big dummy!
again good luck to you and the big green

p.s. I am changing the forum rules to where only members can comment. so if you haven't joined, please do it now!

Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joey31 Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Monahans is the wylie of the west they are just that good!

joey31

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:35 pm

joey31 wrote:Monahans is the wylie of the west they are just that good!

that may be true, but Wylie is still Wylie, and I'd rather be a Mustang!
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

monahans Empty jv game

Post  the fix Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:13 pm

i was talking to some of the coaches about the jv game and it being called because of lightning and they told me the bus was pelted with rocks as it left. Classy.. I guess you got jerks everywhere ya go huh..

the fix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:56 pm

That sounds like a kid that needs discipline problem not a grown man problem. Not that I'd be surprised if I was wrong.
I don't get the whole angry fan thing. Win or lose I believe everyone out there needs to be encouraged.

I've always loved the Nebraska Husker's Tunnel Walk Prayer:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!
Kevin
Kevin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down